But nobody came...
Long ago, two races fought for their survival over Earth: HUMANS and MONSTERS...
Filled with nothing but the desire to KILL, the monsters destroyed humanity until there was nothing left...
In last ditch effort, the humans barely managed to fend the monsters off...
They trapped the monsters underground with a magic seal...
Many centuries later...
MT. EBOTT, 2XXX...
Legends say whoever stumbles across the mountain may never return alive or dead...
- "Where monsters are only monsters and humans are only humans."
- ―Tagline for UnderFear.
In this story Chara fell into the Underground a long time ago and was found by a scavenging Asriel, upon retraining consciousness and taming the young beast they were confronted by the hunting Toriel and Asgore who raised the human as one of their own.
However due to Chara congesting yellow-flowers as a source of food they quickly fell ill and shortly after died, angered by this Asgore lashed out upon it's wife and child, severely blinding Toriel and unfortunately killing their only other son in rage, until then the two parted to never see one another again with their fallen son's dust to be parted onto the area Chara first fell from.
Instead of pacifism monsters can only be tamed like wild beasts rather than close allies so friendship is an unlikely chance in this AU whereas running or fighting is a more likely choice for survival.
Another thing is that Man-Made monsters don't exist in this world seeing as the latter can't be created due to the monsters less advanced motor skills only with primitive or early intellect.
(Side-Note: In order to leave the Underground a monster such as Asgore needs to consume seven human souls to break the barrier in the underground.)
- ―Frisk, UnderFear
- "Of a creature that may or may not exist the world has many secrets and many flaws either way all have their whirls."
- ―Inscription on Flowey.
- "Beware the creature who sees in smell, for those who aren't careful won't have a story to tell."
- ―Inscription on Toriel
- "This beast may be of sloth and looks are of rest but all things assured he isn't one to jest."
- ―Inscription on Sans
- "A straight-forward hunter and on active prowl beware for whenever it growls."
- ―Inscription on Papyrus
- "This unending beast of teeth, claws and vigor you'd best need to run if you feel your body rigor."
- ―Inscription on Undyne
- "While seemingly vicious alongside wicked and vile underneath that scowl is a more tame style."
- ―Inscription on Alphys.
- "While all seem terrifying and a marvel to our world there is but one creature that made our land hurled, from the sky, the earth and everything once peaceful we never have experienced something ever so evil."
- ―Inscription on Asgore
If you want to add a character to UnderFear you must follow these rules.
- If you have a Artificial OC (E.G. Mettaton, Flowey) they will break the canon of UnderFear, only use monster OC's or try to fit them into the AU in your own unique way of sorts.
- Make sure the OC has a page otherwise they'll be declined.
- You'll need permission to add the OC's onto the AU's page.
(Side-note: Rule 3. isn't really a rule but feel free to make your own inscription for your OC, it will give them more mystery)
- "With an insatiable appetite alongside a smile of the crooked, this beast is equipped to be well footed."
- ―Inscription on Wendy.
A desolate land of nothing but destroyed homes and broken corridors of what humans used to reside in now belonging to the monsters turf, especially Toriel who roams the area in search of prey that tend to usually live around this location being her homeland she knows all the areas in and out.
Cold, barren and desolate are the words to describe this land it seems nothing but thick forests and blistering snows lives here, except for well adapted hunters for this environment including Sans and Papyrus the top-predators of this land who seek to smell-out frozen targets.
The hunting-grounds of a semi-aquatic killer known as Undyne, with it's dark rooms and murky blue waters alongside their luminescent glow it's hard to tell if anything is watching from the dark depths below especially the top-range predators of the food-chain.
Hot and dangerous, the Barren Lands show no mercy when it comes to violent eruptions, tremors alongside unforgivable jumps for the need of survival with it's rising temperatures of relying around the core for warmth, it is also the grounds of Alphys for hunting.
The lair of the dreaded king of monsters, where a merciless beast resides in nothing but flowers and grey, waiting that one day that he'll consume one final soul to break through the barrier and finish what he started all those centuries ago in his own domain.
- The Concept for UnderFear stemmed from other co-existing AU's such as UnderWorld and HorrorTale with some aspects from OFF.
- Despite there being Asriel, Flowey is one of the only characters in this AU that has no defined or confirmed existence in this world.
- This AU is based off Eldritch horror such as the Cthulhu Mythos and English Folklore.
- Monsters in this AU have very primitive ways of thinking.
- It is said that Gaster was a feared beast of the underground many centuries ago but one day he grew so hungry he... well I'd best not gossip after all you never know who may be listening.
- Monsters can use determination in this universe but like the original they can also melt.
- Humans are a monsters most prized prey in UnderFear.
- Frisk in this AU fends for themselves for food and actually have packed meals (Spaghetti, Pie and many other assorted food-items)
- Some monsters in the AU are sociable pack-hunters.